Potato & Spinach Curry In Lettuce Cups
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 tsp rogan josh curry paste
2 tsp ground cumin
1 thumb-size piece ginger
5 garlic cloves
1 onion, roughly chopped
4 large potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
350g spinach, roughly shopped
Salt to taste
1/2 iceberg lettuce, separated into lettuce cups
1 lemon, quartered
1. In blender, place tomato, rogan josh curry paste, cumin, ginger, garlic cloves and onion and puree to a make a curry paste/puree.
2. Heat a pot over high heat, add curry puree, stir and bring to the boil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. When puree is thick, add potato, stir and pour in some water half cover the potato. Cover with lid, reduce the heat and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove lid and test to see if potato is cooked. When it is, cook for another 5 minutes with lid removed and simmer to reduce liquid until sauce is thick. Once liquid is reduced, reduce the heat, add spinach and stir well. Cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes, remove the lid, add salt to taste and stir.
5. Serve in lettuce cups and with squeeze of lemon.