Makes 4 Pizzas
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 eggplant, cut into large pieces
6 tomatoes, cut into large pieces
1 clove garlic, peeled
Leaves of 1 sprig marjoram
Leaves of 1 sprig golden oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄4 pumpkin, peeled & sliced finely
1 handful baby spinach
4 wholemeal Lebanese bread wraps
1 handful rocket
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Pour boiling water over 1/2 cup of raw cashews and soak for 10 mins.
3. Place eggplant onto a baking tray. Put tray into preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Place tomatoes, garlic and herb leaves into a blender and blend to a smooth tomato sauce. Pour the mixture into a frypan, bring to the boil and reduce to a thick sauce. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Drain the cashews and add to a blender with 1/4 cup of water, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blend to a smooth creamy paste. Place the cashew puree into a bowl and set aside.
6. Remove the eggplant from oven. Set aside.
7. To assemble the pizzas, spread the base of each Lebanese warp with some of the tomato sauce. Top with some baby spinach leaves, finely sliced pumpkin and cooked eggplant. Randomly blob a few tablespoons spoons of cashew cream paste (so it looks like rounds of baby mozzarella on top of the pizza) and place into preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Remove when the base is crispy and serve topped with fresh rocket.